The AVA De-Esser is the latest implementation of Harrison’s renowned De-Esser algorithm, used in ultra high-end post & film facilities worldwide. Now in the fourth generation, the Harrison De-Esser algorithm has been continuously tweaked by our customers in high-end studios around the world.
Harrison’s reputation for “True Analog In-The-Box” sound is due to our unique development heritage, where we first created an analog console processor and then converted the processor to digital while retaining the sound and character of the original analog system.
The AVA De-Esser implements Harrison’s 4th-generation de-esser algorithm: tuned by our users to detect and eliminate harsh sibilance in real-time.
- Intelligent algorithm operates on harsh sibilance while ignoring other fricatives.
- Band Solos and Auto-Solo feature helps the user dial-in the sibilant frequency range.
- Capable of up to 12dB reduction in sibilance.
- Adjustable threshold & depth allow fine control over the processor’s onset and strength.
- Fast and easy-to-use interface with 6 control dimensions accessible in the main graph.
- Zero-latency processing, suitable for “live” use.
- Gain-reduction meter appears on ProTools mixer strip. (AAX format only).
The results are quintessentially Harrison: effortless, smooth and transparent.